Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort hosts the free Music on the Rocks festival on Saturday August 4, 2012, from 1 – 9 pm, featuring popular New Mexico and Colorado bands. Admission is free to the family-friendly concerts in the mountains, and although times and acts may change, the concert schedule at time of writing is:
- Jenne McIntosh 1 pm – singer, guitarist and pianist performing original and cover songs
- Cali Shaw Band 2:15 pm – Albuquerque-based Cali Shaw co-founded the southwest funk contingent Felonious Groove Foundation
- Monkey Feeders 3:30 pm – voted Best Band in Taos in 2012
- Main Street Garage Band 5:15 pm - a Boulder pop band
- Last to Know 7 pm – The Taos band is the final headline act of the day, performing until 9 pm
Sipapu is 20 miles southeast of Taos, about 90 minutes north of Santa Fe, and a 2.5 hour drive from Albuquerque. Get directions to Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort.