Update March 6: This offer has now expired/links removed. Subscribe to New Mexico on the Cheap by RSS or email for so you don’t miss out next time!
For a limited time, new visitors can get a free Curves one week guest pass to the Curves women-only fitness and weight-loss clubs. This offer is only for people new to Curves, to give you a chance to see if the Curves program is a good match for you, and there are no commitments or contracts.
Either use the deal for a free week guest pass on your first visit, or exchange it for a discount on membership. We’re not sure how long this deal is available, but it’s a “limited time” freebie, and they tend to pull these offers once a certain quantity have been claimed.
The Curves free week pass is valid at participating locations – inset your zip code at the link to find the nearest clubs. New Mexico Curves clubs are in many locations, including Las Cruces, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Espanola, Los Alamos, Silver City, Las Vegas, Farmington, Gallup, Alamogordo, Carlsbad, and Roswell.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico is waiving the regular $50 joining fee if you sign up for membership in January 2012.
They also have a form to get a free pass for 3 days at the YMCA of Central New Mexico website. If you don’t see the free pass offer, refresh the page till it shows up.
The YMCA of Central New Mexico includes Albuquerque YMCA locations Horn Family YMCA and McLeod Mountainside Family YMCA, and Clovis Family YMCA.
Ten Thousand Waves spa in Santa Fe has a bunch of deals valid to December 15, 2011.
Ten Thousand Waves Shop & Soak Deal For each $100 spent on retail goods in the Ten Thousand Waves spa and gift store you get a free pass worth over $23 to the communal or women’s bath to use by March 11, 2012, with some blackout dates over Christmas. Could be a good time to stock up for holiday gifts of lotions, potions, soaps, and other gift items!
Ten Thousand Waves Lodging Special for 50% off the second night’s stay for customers booking two Waves of Bliss packages. The 4 1/2 hour package with a massage, facial, salt glow, head and neck treatment and a private hot tub costs $369. At least one night’s stay must be on a Sunday to Thursday night.
Ten Thousand Waves Spa package: The Relax & Restore spa special for $259 saves $58 on the individual treatments, with a massage, facial, and private hot tub. Either print the Ten Thousand Waves coupon or show it on a mobile device.
Regular admission to the gorgeous Japanese-style Ten Thousand Waves for hot tubs, saunas, and lounging decks is:
- $23.45 admission for the mixed or women-only communal hot tubs, with kimono, sandals, towels and toiletries provided.
- Hot Tub punch card $169 covers 10 visits from Monday to Thursday (saving over $65) and two people can visit at a time and use the punch card.
- The Waribiki Rewards Club Card for New Mexico Residents gives a 20% discount on private baths, massage, and spa treatments on Monday to Thursday. The card can’t be used on the day it’s collected, but if you’re at Ten Thousand Waves anyway, ask for one for future visits, and show your New Mexico ID.
- Children 4 feet tall or under soak for half price.
- A group of four people or more receive a 10% group discount on admission to any bath.
Ten Thousand Waves is located at 3451 Hyde Park Road, Santa Fe.
Get free yoga classes for a week with participating New Mexico yoga studios when you register for the Free Yoga Month Card. The card gives new students a free week of classes through October 30, 2011.
The offer is only for new students, to let them try yoga at the participating studios. However that sometimes only means that a student is new to the chosen studio – not that they’re a yoga beginner. Ask the studio in advance to check their policy.
To get the Free Yoga Month Card, choose a studio and print it out, including the URL at the top of the page to be valid. The card is only valid at that studio, and the choice can’t be changed later.
New Mexico yoga studios currently showing as participating include:
- Albuquerque: Midtown Sports & Wellness, Alignment Yoga NM at Holistic Wellness Co-Op, and Albuquerque Ashtanga Yoga Shala
- Santa Fe: Eldorado Yoga Center
- Taos: Aurafitness
- Clovis: Sahai Yoga Studio