National Parks that usually charge admission fees are free for all visitors for Veterans Day weekend, from November 11 – 13, 2011.
The Veterans Day Weekend free entry to National Parks offers the chance to enjoy the great New Mexico outdoors, or perhaps take a day trip on the last of these beautiful fall days!
New Mexico National Parks that usually charge fees but are free on November 11-13 are:
- Aztec Ruins National Monument
- Bandelier National Monument (check the website for the latest info for travelers to Bandelier, following this summer’s fire.)
- Capulin Volcano National Monument
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park
- El Morro National Monument
- Fort Union National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (The Gila Cliff Dwellings are currently closed, but the Gila visitor center is open and they offerguided tours of the TJ Site daily at 11 am and 2 pm. Check the park website for latest info.
- Pecos National Historical Park
- White Sands National Monument
If you’ll be out-of-state for Veterans Day weekend, find more than 100 US National Parks with free admission for Veterans Day weekend, listed by state or name.